21.2.11




(jcrew.spring2011)
although it is unrealistic, i keep hoping my hair is long enough to pull into a style like these this summer. for the past ten or so years of my life, i have had an ever changing hairstyle. as soon as i cut my hair into a style, i was already thinking of how i could grow it or cut it into another. the colors it has been cover everything you can think of, although i never did allover deep blue or silver/periwinkle which is something i always wanted. i don't think anyone can ever be too old to dye or cut their hair into colorful or exciting hairstyles (i love hairport in lisbon!) however I've reached a point where i just don't want to worry and think about my hair the way i have in the past. i want a hairstyle! not my hairstyle to be an unpredictable ever changing black hole of my time and energy. i have never been someone to spend time "doing" my hair but the time I've spent looking at pictures online and searching for my next idea, not to mention the money spent on dye and bleach is enough to say i cared about my hairstyles. its just one more thing id rather not worry about. i am much more into beautiful natural hair these days and am trying to rid my life of chemicals and things which can harm me, the earth, or animals. i wish i could have wild jungle woman hair, but that would just never happen.
on another note, i love every single one of these outfits, and am planning on designing some cute skirts, and reconstructing shirts to make for the spring/summer!

2 comments:

  1. hey, it's nicole!! i'm thinking about getting my hair cut soon (but not very much of it) im still debating whether or not i want to go to a salon or just do a home cut :) how are you at cutting hair???

    ReplyDelete
  2. im not bad, depends on how serious the cut haha. ive cut my own hair for so long im pretty good at cutting hair which is similar to mine! your hair is not very different from mine, although it seems much softer. im sure i could give you a lovely trim :)

    ReplyDelete